Anyone who has ever been pregnant has had to suffer through a supersitition or two. We decided to put together a few pregnancy and TTC old wives tales. How do we know if these tales are myth or truth? We asked a few old wives!!!
~ Old Wives Tale #1 ~
Myth: I've heard that you can take a pregnant woman's urine and mix it with drano to tell the sex of the baby. I hear that it's 100% accurate.
Truth: The drano test supposedly can detect something in a pregnant woman's urine that will change the color of the drano to indicate the gender of the baby. However, this is
Comments: Lots of people swear this is true and offer their own personal experiences to back it up, but the sum of all the anecdotes you hear and read still don't add up to proof.
Reminder: If you do attempt this PLEASE use a glass container. Fumes are strong so pee in the jar and then do the draino test in a well ventilated area."The Prediciton Key" to interpreting the Drano test:
Bluish yellow = boy
Greenish brown = girl
Brownish = boy
No change = girl
Brown = boy
Green = girl
Black = boy
Blue = girl
Blue = boy
Green = girl
~ Old Wives Tale #2 ~
~ Old Wives Tale #3 ~
Truth: Why not?
If You Want a Boy...
1. Eat more meat (the redder the better).
2. Salty snacks, such as: pretzels, chips, peanuts ect...
3. Dads to be must injest Cola Drinks!
4. Linger in bed a bit after sex, gives the boy sperm a chance to beat the girl sperm to the egg.
5. Make love standing up. (ohhhh!)
6. Try the rear-entry position. :)
7. Focus on meeting your mans needs, if the male partner climaxes first, old wives' tale says you're guaranteed a boy.
8. It has been known that when it is the time you are ovulating and the man asks for sex, it is a sure fire for a boy!
9. Ladies, sleeping to the left of your partner should do the trick!
10. Stand on one leg, hop in a circle 4 times while rubbing your belly and head singing 'Joy To The World'....ok we just made this one up to see if you were paying attention! Old wives do that sort of thing you know!
~ Old Wives Tale #4 ~
"If you're carrying your baby high, it's a girl. If you're carrying your baby low, it's a boy."
"If you're craving sweets, you're having a girl. If you're craving salt, you're having a boy."
"If a wedding ring or needle suspended over your belly moves in a strong circular motion, you're having a girl. If it moves to and fro like a pendulum, you're having a boy."
"A heartrate of less than 140 beats per minute means that you're having a boy and a heartrate of over 140 beats per minutes means that you're having a girl."
None of these methods are 100% accurate. They are however fun to speculate with.